4-Ingredient Grilled Mango Salsa Recipe
4-Ingredient Grilled Mango Salsa
Makes 2 CUPS
The use of Seville oranges, with their naturally tart flavor, balances the sweetness of mangos in this easy-to-prepare, 4-ingredient recipe.
- 2 Ataúlfo mangos (also known as honey or champagne mangos)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 Seville orange, zested and juiced (see Cook’s Tip)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- To prepare each unpeeled mango, slice lengthwise next to pit, resulting in 4 skin-on, flat pieces. Score flesh into a 1/2-inch crosshatch pattern and set aside. Peel remaining skin around pit and trim off mango flesh. Dice trimmed fruit and add to a medium bowl.
- Brush flat pieces of mango and red onion rounds with olive oil. Grill over high heat until well charred. Transfer to a plate and chill until cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out grilled mango flesh and add to bowl. Dice grilled onion into 1/2-inch pieces and add to bowl.
- Add orange zest, orange juice, cilantro, and jalapeño (if using). Season with salt, to taste. Serve immediately or chill and eat within 3 days.
- Cook’s Tip:
- Seville oranges, otherwise known as sour or bitter oranges, have a short season. If unavailable, use 2 limes.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 4.5 g
Saturated Fat: .5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 4 g
Total Sugar: 25 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.