Grilled Chicken Breasts with Blackberry Relish Recipe
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Blackberry Relish
Serves 6 to 8
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a favorite of many. Here they’re dressed up in a smoky, fruity relish that makes for a delicious dish with a beautiful presentation that’s sure to wow your summer guests.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Northwest Blackberry and Herb BBQ Relish
- Sprinkle chicken all over with salt. Place chicken in a non-reactive bowl or casserole dish. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare Northwest Blackberry and Herb BBQ Relish. Refrigerate until a half hour before serving.
- Allow chicken to sit at room temperature half an hour before grilling. Heat one side of grill to high heat. Leave other side off for indirect cooking.
- Tap excess oil from chicken (to avoid flare ups) and place on hot side of grill, smooth-side down. Allow to cook undisturbed 4 to 6 minutes over direct heat to create grill marks. If you wish to create a hash mark grill pattern, lift chicken with tongs and rotate 45° halfway through.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. This will allow carryover cooking so the chicken will reach the proper safe temperature of 165°F and keep the meat juicy after slicing.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter. Spoon relish over chicken and garnish plate with additional sprigs of herbs. Serve with additional relish on the side.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Calories: 500 undefined
Fat: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 165 mg
Sodium: 1210 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 18 g
Added Sugars: 16 g
Protein: 52 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.