4-Ingredient Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe
4-Ingredient Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
This simple and refreshing frozen treat is a celebration of peak-season blackberries. It comes together effortlessly in your blender, creating a silky sherbet that's sure to impress. The secret to its smooth texture lies in the combination of inverted sugar from honey, natural pectin from berries, and fat from yogurt.
- 2 pints blackberries (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Place an empty, quart-sized container into freezer.
- Combine blackberries, honey, and yogurt in blender. Add 3/4 cup water. Puree until smooth. Add lemon juice, to taste.
- Strain out seeds through a fine mesh strainer, pressing to extract all the liquid. Chill base up to 2 hours in fridge.
- Pour into an ice cream machine and churn until firm. Transfer to frozen container and freeze 4 hours until set.
- Cook's Tips:
- Skip the ice cream machine and make frozen popsicles instead. Simply pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
- This recipe is versatile and will work with any fruit in season. Try it with fresh melon, strawberries, or peaches. Adjust honey to match desired sweetness. Note: Taste buds are less sensitive when eating frozen foods so make yogurt base slightly sweeter than you think it should be, and it will be prefect when frozen!