Shirred Eggs (Baked Eggs in Cream) Recipe
Shirred Eggs (Baked Eggs in Cream)
Take your eggs to the next level with delicious shirred eggs. A “shirrer” is another name for a ramekin. Baking eggs in these make it easy to prepare one for yourself or multiply the recipe to feed as many individuals as you need. This is also a great way to make eggs in your air fryer with perfect golden tops and silky yolks.
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pour heavy cream into a small ramekin.
- Crack eggs into cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle top of eggs with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until desired doneness. Alternatively, air fry at 325° F for 10 minutes.
- Cook's Tip:
- Next time you do a homemade pizza night, shirred eggs are a great recipe for using up leftover toppings the next morning. Add pepperoni, onions, mushrooms – anything you like!