Spiced Carrot Soup Recipe
Spiced Carrot Soup
Makes 2 Quarts
Warm, earthy spices mingle with sweet carrots and fennel in this easy sheet pan soup recipe. In less than 15 minutes, you can have everything roasting in the oven, and within an hour it can all be blended up, ready to heat and serve!
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small fennel bulb, stalk removed, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Red wine vinegar, to taste
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Dukkah (nut and spice mixture)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots, fennel, onion, and garlic on a large, rimmed sheet pan. Sprinkle with coriander and cumin. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Roast 45 to 50 minutes until well-browned on edges.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a blender. Add enough stock to cover. Be careful not to fill blender more than 3/4 full. If necessary, work in batches.
- Blend until smooth. Add remaining stock and blend. To thin even further, add a bit of water. For an extra silky soup, pass through a fine mesh strainer. Keep it rustic by not straining. Season with red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer soup to a pot. Bring to a simmer. Serve hot. Add a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of dukkah to each bowl.
- Cook's Tip:
- This soup freezes well. Store in a sealable freezer bag for flat storage.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Calories: 120 undefined
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 370 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 7 g
Added Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is such an easy, inexpensive, and flavorful carrot soup! i will be making it again and adding leftover chicken breast. ”