Pumpkin Butter Mochi Recipe
Pumpkin Butter Mochi
This is an easy, Hawaii-inspired twist on traditional pumpkin pie, requiring only 5 simple ingredients for a delightful treat. After baking, these squares boast a pleasantly chewy and subtly sweet center with the comforting pumpkin spice flavors you crave from a classic pie.
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie mix, Libby’s or similar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 (1 pound) box mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, break up eggs with a whisk. Add pumpkin pie mix, condensed milk, and melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Add rice flour and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake 60 to 70 minutes or until golden, with cracks all over the top.
- Cool completely in pan before removing and cutting into squares.