4-Ingredient Souvlaki Gyros Recipe
4-Ingredient Souvlaki Gyros
These are perfect for serving a group with different dietary needs. Use falafel in place of meat skewers for vegetarian eaters and drizzle with tahini sauce in place of tzatziki for those who prefer a dairy-free alternative.
- 4 souvlaki skewers (chicken, beef, or lamb)
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 Greek pitas
- 8 ounces tzatziki sauce
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add skewers and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest 5 minutes.
- Chop or tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm pitas.
- To serve, remove meat from skewers and place on pita. Top with lettuce and tzatziki.
- Cook's Tip:
- Take it outside, and grill the skewers and pita for easy cleanup.