4-Ingredient Souvlaki Gyros Recipe
4-Ingredient Souvlaki Gyros
- 4 Metropolitan Market souvlaki skewers (chicken, beef or lamb)
- 6 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 Metropolitan Market Greek pitas
- 8 oz Metropolitan Market tzatziki sauce
- In a heavy-bottom skillet, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add skewers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Chop or tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm pitas.
- To serve, remove meat from skewers and place on pita. Top with lettuce and tzatziki.
- Cook’s Tips:
- Take it outside—grill the skewers and pita for easy cleanup.
- For a dairy-free alternative, drizzle with tahini sauce in place of tzatziki.
- For a plant-based version, use falafel in place of meat skewers.