Après-Ski Chili Recipe
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion (1 to 1-1/2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Metropolitan Market Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (about 15 oz) pinto, kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- sour cream, (optional)
- sliced green onions, (optional)
- shredded cheese, (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until garlic starts to turn golden.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the beef and pork. Stir, crumbling meat into small pieces,and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the tomato sauce and broth. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add the rinsed beans and simmer for another 15 minutes or until desired thickness is achieved.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Accompany with cornbread or rice and a salad or coleslaw, as desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings, Does not include optional toppings)
Fat: 18 g
SaturatedFat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 90 mg
Sodium: 760 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 37 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This chili is delicious and simple to pull together for a quick weeknight meal. it even passed the back date test for our 5 and 3 year old picky eaters! excellent flavor and endless topping/pairing possibilities. ”
“Wonderful. i won a chili contest with this recipe (i deserved no credit for simply following directions)! this recipe doubles beautifully, is great the next day for lunch, and is beloved by my entire family. i have made it probably 100 times. i would (1) double the chili powder and cumin if you like things a bit zippier; (2) add an extra 1/2 cup of beef broth (and more to leftovers) if you like your chili a little less thick. delicious. ”