New York Steaks with Blue Cheese Recipe
- 4 New York steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- BLUE CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dry steaks with paper towels. Mix salt and pepper together and season both sides of the steaks.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, mix together (or process in food processor) cream cheese, blue cheese, shallot and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grill the steaks on a hot barbecue or grill pan, till done as desired, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Spoon blue cheese topping onto steaks, dividing evenly. Leave steaks on grill just until topping softens. Remove from grill to warm serving plates and serve at once.
- Excellent with other steak cuts including Rib Eye, T-Bone, Top Sirloin.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 14 mg
Cholesterol: 170 mg
Sodium: 1180 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 50 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is so easy and completely elevates steak to a restaurant-worthy recipe. it feels like such a treat to add a fancy sauce - except it's so simple to put together! win-win.”