New York Steaks with Blue Cheese Recipe
New York Steaks with Blue Cheese
- 4 New York steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- BLUE CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dry steaks with paper towels. Mix salt and pepper together and season both sides of the steaks.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, mix together (or process in food processor) cream cheese, blue cheese, shallot and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Grill the steaks on a hot barbecue or grill pan, till done as desired, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Spoon blue cheese topping onto steaks, dividing evenly. Leave steaks on grill just until topping softens. Remove from grill to warm serving plates and serve at once.
- Excellent with other steak cuts including Rib Eye, T-Bone, Top Sirloin.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 14 mg
Cholesterol: 170 mg
Sodium: 1180 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 50 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This is so easy and completely elevates steak to a restaurant-worthy recipe. it feels like such a treat to add a fancy sauce - except it's so simple to put together! win-win.”
“I love this recipe! my husband requests this every year for his birthday. (and i never tell him how easy it is to make!)”