Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak Recipe
Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 (about 1 1/2 lbs) beef flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- BALSAMIC MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped, or 1 tsp dry
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Wrap in foil and keep warm for 10 minutes. To serve, carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 23 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.