- 1 whole or half Kurobuta ham
- BOURBON GLAZE (OPTIONAL):
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dry English mustard
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- Whisk together glaze ingredients. Spoon over the ham 20-30 minutes before it is ready.
- Remove Kurobuta Ham from the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Adjust oven rack to the bottom 1/3 of oven to make room for ham. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove the wrappings and discard. Place the ham, fat side up, in a roasting pan (if baking half of a ham, place flat side down). Place in preheated oven. Bake whole hams for 3-1/2 to 4 hours (bake half hams for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours) or until temperature at the center reaches 140°F. Use an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer for accuracy.
- To Glaze Ham (optional): Brush Bourbon Glaze or another glaze over ham during the last 30 minutes of cooking time. For a glossier appearance, increase oven temperature to 400°F for 5 minutes, or until surface is glossy; watch closely to prevent burning.
- Remove ham from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 15-30 minutes before carving. Slice and serve.
Ratings and Reviews
“My favorite ham!”