Bacon-Beer Burger Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 extra-thick slices Metropolitan Market bacon, Maple or Pepper, cut in half, cooked crisp
- tomato, lettuce, onion
- Combine Ground Beef, beer, and Worcestershire in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese. Place burgers on bottom; top with bacon slices, tomato, bacon, lettuce and onion. Close sandwiches.