Citrus Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Citrus Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes
Serves 4 to 6
Orange and lime zest mixed with warm cumin make a fast and flavorful rub. This is an easy sheet pan meal that's sure to please, whether making for the family or serving to guests.
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine zest and juice of lime and orange into a small bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, garlic, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place potatoes and onion in a large, rimmed, parchment-lined sheet pan. Add 1 tablespoon citrus mixture and toss to coat vegetables. Push vegetables to perimeter of pan.
- Place pork roast in center of pan. Spread remaining citrus mixture over entire surface of pork.
- Roast 40 to 50 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F. Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice roast. Transfer to a platter and surround with roasted vegetables. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- If desired, pour 1/2 cup water into bottom of empty roasting pan. Place over low heat and stir for a minute to warm and loosen any brown bits. Spoon sauce over roast before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (Based on 6 Servings)
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 1030 mg
Carbohydrate: 18 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 9 g
Added Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 38 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.