Cuban Citrus Pork Loin Roast with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Cuban Citrus Pork Loin Roast with Sweet Potatoes
Orange and lime zest with spices makes a fast and flavorful rub for a classic pork loin roast. It’s an easy family meal – and special enough for guests, too. Special diet friendly: Paleo (pastured, natural pork), Whole30 (without coconut sugar or brown sugar)
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 lb yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grate the zest of the lime and orange into a small bowl. Juice both fruits. Combine the zests, 2 tablespoon lime juice, 2 tablespoons orange juice (save remaining juice to make a sauce, if desired), oil, sugar, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place yams and onion in an oiled, shallow roasting pan. Add 1 tablespoon of the citrus mixture and toss to coat vegetables. Push vegetables to the perimeter of the pan. Sprinkle vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the pork roast in the center of the pan. Spread the remaining citrus mixture over the entire surface of the pork.
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until the internal temperature on an instant-read thermometer reaches 145°F. Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let the roast rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the roast. Transfer to a platter and surround with roasted vegetables.
- If desired, make a simple sauce by pouring the remaining orange and lime juices into the bottom of the empty roasting pan. Place over low heat and stir for 30 seconds to a minute, to warm and loosen any brown bits. Spoon the sauce over the roast before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (6 servings without sugar (optional) for Whole30)
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 610 mg
Carbohydrate: 14 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 38 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.