Lamb Kabobs with Grilled Peaches Recipe
Lamb Kabobs with Grilled Peaches
- 3 lbs boneless American leg of lamb, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup peach chutney or jam
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 whole peaches, peeled, pitted and halved
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Place lamb cubes and onion in a large pan. In a bowl, combine chutney, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; pour over the lamb and onions. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. On each skewer, thread 4 lamb cubes alternating with onion pieces. Grill the kebabs about 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, remove from grill, cover and let stand.
- Grill peaches cut-side down until browned and juicy. Cut each grilled peach in half again and place on end of each skewer. Serve immediately.
- Serve with rice pilaf, cous cous, quinoa or pita bread. Greek yogurt with some chopped fresh mint would make an excellent sauce.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Sodium: 980 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 22 g
Protein: 36 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.