Lamb Kabobs with Grilled Peaches Recipe
- 3 lbs boneless American leg of lamb, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup peach chutney or jam
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 whole peaches, peeled, pitted and halved
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Place lamb cubes and onion in a large pan. In a bowl, combine chutney, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; pour over the lamb and onions. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. On each skewer, thread 4 lamb cubes alternating with onion pieces. Grill the kebabs about 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, remove from grill, cover and let stand.
- Grill peaches cut-side down until browned and juicy. Cut each grilled peach in half again and place on end of each skewer. Serve immediately.
- Serve with rice pilaf, cous cous, quinoa or pita bread. Greek yogurt with some chopped fresh mint would make an excellent sauce.