Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
Serves 2 as an entrée; 4 as an appetizer.
Elegant and simple to make, these scallops are perfect for a romantic dinner for two, or serve them as a party starter with your favorite champagne or cocktails. Choose smaller scallops for a bite-sized pickup or large Maine sea scallops for a gorgeous entrée.
- 4 to 6 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto
- 8 to 12 scallops, about 3/4 pound
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- You’ll need wooden toothpicks to secure the prosciutto.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half, lengthwise. Wrap one piece of prosciutto around the outside edge of each scallop and secure with a toothpick through the scallop (see photo).
- Heat olive oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add wrapped scallops (not touching each other in the pan) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove to a warm plate.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to pan and cook, swirling pan and watching carefully, until butter turns a nutty brown. Immediately remove pan from heat and swirl in lemon juice and half of the chives.
- Spoon this sauce over scallops and sprinkle with remaining chives. Delicious with pasta, potatoes, or rice and vegetables.
Ratings and Reviews
“These scallops are fabulous and easy to make! ”