Classic Potato Salad Recipe
Classic Potato Salad
Here's the potato salad everyone remembers from summer picnics and barbecues. Of course, there are many variations. Some add a spoonful or two of pickle relish, or diced dill pickles. You might like a finely chopped red bell pepper for color.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red or white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon salt. Add cold water to cover potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until tender when pierced with a paring knife, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Spread on a large sheet pan to cool.
- While potatoes cool, whisk mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar in bottom of a large salad bowl, until smooth. Stir in eggs, celery, onion, and parsley. Gently stir in cooled potatoes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 440 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.