Pressure Cooker Carnitas Recipe
- 3 lb pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1 orange, about 1/4 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Salt, to taste
- FOR SERVING:
- 12 corn tortillas
- Metropolitan Market Mango Salsa or Pico de Gallo, find them in our Prepared Foods Department
- 1 lime, cut into sixths
- Place the pork into the insert of a pressure cooker along with broth, cinnamon, bay leaves, cumin, soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, and onion. Mix well.
- Set the pressure cooker to HIGH and cook for 35 minutes, use the natural release method.
- Transfer pork to a baking sheet large enough to hold the pork in a single layer (reserve cooking liquid). Use two forks to shred the pork. Drizzle pork with a little of the cooking liquid and season with salt.
- Preheat the broiler and place pork on the top rack of the oven. Broil until the top of the pork is crispy, about 8 minutes. Stir well and return to the oven for another 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Serve shredded pork with warm tortillas, salsa, and lime.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 195 mg
Sodium: 760 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 13 g
Protein: 64 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.