Quick Pork Carnitas Tacos Recipe
- 3 pounds pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- FOR SERVING:
- Corn tortillas
- Radish slices
- Lime wedges
- Place pork into insert of pressure cooker along with onion, garlic, broth, orange juice, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cumin, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Set pressure cooker to HIGH and cook 35 minutes. Use natural release method.
- Transfer pork to a rimmed sheet pan large enough to hold pork in a single layer (reserve cooking liquid). Use two forks to shred pork. Drizzle pork with a little of the cooking liquid. Season with salt, to taste.
- Preheat broiler and place baking sheet on top rack of oven. Broil until the top of pork is crispy, about 8 minutes. Stir well and return to oven for another 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Serve shredded pork in warm tortillas topped with salsa, onion, and cilantro. Serve with radishes and lime.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 195 mg
Sodium: 760 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 13 g
Protein: 64 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.