Caramelized Walla Walla Onion Dip Recipe
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced Walla Walla sweet onions
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- A few dashes hot sauce, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are very soft and golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In bowl of food processor, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and garlic. Whirl until blended. Add onion. Pulse until finely chopped. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce, to taste. (Cover and chill if made ahead.)
- Serve with your favorite chips, sliced baguette or raw vegetables.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 310 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.