Fruits De Mer Seafood Platter Recipe
- 4 pounds ice cream salt
- 8 ounces poke
- 4 ounces seaweed salad
- 4 ounces lox slices
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 crab legs, cut in half lengthwise and crosswise into 3-inch lengths
- 8 ounces poached prawns
- 8 ounces hot-smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces clams or mussels or some of each, scrubbed and beards removed
- 12 oysters in shell
- 3 lemons, halved or cut into wedges
- 1/2 ounce fresh dill
- Favorite sauces (such as cocktail sauce, mignonette and crème fraîche)
- Spread salt on large, rimmed, serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap. The salt provides a bed to hold everything in place. The plastic keeps food from touching salt directly. Lettuce leaves may also be used to keep food from contacting salt.
- Place poke, seaweed salad, and lox in small bowls. Top lox with capers. Arrange bowls on platter.
- Tuck crab legs, prawns, and hot-smoked salmon around bowls.
- No more than an hour before serving, steam clams and/or mussels. Place them in pan with 1/2-inch of water. Cover, bring to boil, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until they open. Add to platter.
- Shuck oysters and nestle them into plastic covered salt so they don't spill their juices. Tuck in lemons and sprigs of dill.
- Serve platter with your favorite sauces. It can be an elegant appetizer or served as dinner with a loaf of bread, butter, and a small green salad. We suggest small plates, bowls, and forks so your guests can help themselves and discard their shells.
- Chef's Note:
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 Servings)
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 180 mg
Sodium: 1100 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 43 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“I can eat it every single day of my life!”