Hot Cocoa Mix
Makes 2 1/4 cups mix, enough for 8 drinks
Have fun layering cocoa mix ingredients in a decorative jar to create a pretty and tasty gift everyone will enjoy. Decorate the jar with a ribbon and candy cane tied on top. For a grown-up drink, we suggest adding a shot of Kahlua, peppermint schnapps, or amaretto after mixing with water.
- 3/4 cup dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
- To assemble in jars, layer milk powder, cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate chips, candy canes, and mini marshmallows in a jar. Secure jar with lid.
- Directions for making cocoa:
- Mix all ingredients until thoroughly combined. For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug. Slowly stir in 6 ounces boiling water. Continue stirring until smooth. Top with whipped cream, if desired.