Spicy Rosemary and Orange Roasted Nuts
Makes about 8 cups
Smoky, spicy chipotle powder, fresh rosemary and orange zest are a seductive seasoning combo for roasted nuts. Serve as an appetizer with beer or cocktails or sprinkle on salads and more. Package the nuts in decorative jars for gifts.
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Metropolitan Market maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 2 lb (8 cups) mixed raw nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, and walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Brush with 1 Tbsp oil.
- In the bottom of a large bowl whisk together maple syrup, sugar, and remaining 2 Tbsp oil. Whisk in 2 Tbsp rosemary, chipotle powder, and salt. Add nuts and stir to coat evenly with seasonings.
- Spread the nuts on the lined, oiled baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until nuts are roasted and glazed, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle nuts with remaining 2 Tbsp rosemary and orange zest. Stir well. Taste and season with additional salt, if needed.
- Serve at room temperature or cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Ratings and Reviews
“This nut recipe is fabulous i've given i for gifts and my friends ask for for more ”