Cranberry Gin Cocktail
Makes 8, 5oz cocktails
For a festive presentation, sugar the rims of your glasses by rubbing them with a slice of lemon and dipping in superfine sugar. Be sure to make the cranberry simple syrup for this cocktail ahead of time so it can chill.
- 8 oz gin
- 4 oz cranberry simple syrup*
- 4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 750 ml bottle chilled sparkling wine
- Combine the gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a large pitcher, chill until cold.
- Just before serving, carefully add the sparkling wine.
- Pour into elegant glasses and serve.
- *Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- Combine 1 cup cranberry juice with 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until cold.