Bistro Salad with Warm Crab Cakes Recipe
Bistro Salad with Warm Crab Cakes
This classic salad of shaved fennel, radish, and mâche (a favorite green in France) dressed with champagne vinaigrette is the perfect base for our ready-to-cook housemade Dungeness crab cakes (find them in the Seafood Department). Complete the meal with a warm crusty baguette.
- CRAB CAKES:
- 6 Metropolitan Market Dungeness Crab Cakes
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Aioli
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil or butter
- 2 heads of fennel, ends trimmed, core removed, and thinly sliced
- 4 - 6 cups mâche or other tender salad greens
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE:
- 4 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To make vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, shallot, sugar, salt, and pepper until salt and sugar dissolve. Whisk in olive oil. Set aside or cover and chill until serving time.
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil (or butter) in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of the crab cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Toss salad ingredients with dressing in a medium bowl. Serve with warm crab cakes and a dollop of aioli.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 56 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 720 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 20 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.