Roasted Chickpeas with Halloumi Recipe
Roasted Chickpeas with Halloumi
Either halloumi or bread cheese makes an excellent choice for grilling and baking because they keep their shape when warm. In this dish, the soft texture and salty flavor of the cheese pairs nicely with chickpeas, briny olives, and savory, sun-dried tomatoes. Serve with tossed greens and crusty bread for a complete meal.
- 6 ounces halloumi cheese or bread cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted olives (choose your favorite variety or a mix)
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed sheet pan with oiled foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Place chickpeas, olives, and tomatoes on pan. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and toss gently to coat. Clear a space in the center and add the cheese; drizzle with a little more sun-dried tomato oil.
- Roast on middle rack 15 to 20 minutes, until hot. Divide cheese into quarters for serving.