Cheddar and Chive Scones Recipe
Cheddar and Chive Scones
These savory, tender scones are even more wonderful with a bit of creamy European-style butter for over-the-top deliciousness!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream plus more for brushing tops
- 1 Tbsp grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cheese and chives.
- Pour heavy cream over dry ingredients and mix with a fork.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and transfer sticky dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using clean hands, bring mixture together and knead a few times until fully combined, but do not overwork. Divide dough in half and pat into two disks about 4 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Brush the top of each disk with a little cream. Sprinkle with grated parmesan. Cut each disk into 6 wedges and space evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 12 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 300 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 5 g
Added Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.