Chocolate Cherry Scones Recipe
Chocolate Cherry Scones
These are easy to make and keep well in the freezer, so double the recipe—enjoy some now and save some for later. A quick reheat in the oven makes them taste as good as they do when they were originally baked.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped dried cherries
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream, plus extra for brushing tops
- 1 Tbsp demerara or sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour heavy cream over dry ingredients and mix with a fork.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and transfer sticky dough onto a lightly floured surface. Using clean hands, bring mixture together and knead a few times until fully combined, but do not overwork. Divide dough in half and pat into two disks about 4 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Brush the top of each disk with a little cream. Sprinkle with demerara or sparkling sugar. Cut each disk into 6 wedges and space evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 12 servings)
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 240 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 19 g
Added Sugars: 11 g
Protein: 4 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.