Kuku Sabzi (Persian Herb Frittata) Recipe
Kuku Sabzi (Persian Herb Frittata)
An abundance of fresh herbs and spinach make this vibrantly green dish nutritious as well as delicious.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh dill, freshly chopped
- Optional Toppings:
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup additional chopped herbs
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add all the chopped greens and sauté for 2 minutes. Transfer to an oven-safe 8-inch fry pan (see Cook’s Tip below).
- Carefully pour egg mixture over sautéed greens. Use a spatula to distribute everything evenly. Drizzle another 1-2 Tbsp olive oil around edges of pan.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until edges are set and only the center is jiggly.
- Transfer pan to oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until egg is fully set. Sprinkle with optional toppings as desired.
- Cook’s Tips:
- To quickly chop the greens, use the pulse button on a food processor, being careful not to blend it into a mush. Veggies may discolor more this way. Using a slicing motion when cutting by hand inhibits bruising.
- The sautéed greens and egg mixture may also be placed in a well-oiled 8-inch cake pan. In this method, bake for 12-15 minutes instead of beginning on the stovetop as stated in step #4.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 140 mg
Sodium: 310 mg
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.