4-Ingredient Oven-Roasted Hash Recipe
4-Ingredient Oven-Roasted Hash
This recipe is even easier if you start with our pre-sliced bell peppers, available in the Produce Department. For an extra layer of flavor, toss the veggies in spicy mayonnaise before roasting.
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices Metropolitan Market Bacon
- Metropolitan Market Organic Brown Eggs (1 or 2 per person)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: sriracha mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Adjust rack to middle position.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes, flip slices, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Set aside and crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Scatter quartered potatoes and bell peppers in a large cast-iron skillet or on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil or toss with sriracha mayonnaise, if preferred. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, add crumbled bacon, and toss. Roast for another 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- During the last five minutes of roasting, heat 2-3 Tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Break eggs into pan and cook until done as desired.*
- Place vegetables on four plates and top each with one or two eggs. Serve with additional sriracha mayonnaise, if desired.
- Cook’s Tip:
- When frying eggs, spoon a little of the hot cooking oil over the whites as the eggs cook. This will add flavor and help the whites to cook.
- Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness