Smoked Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 cup grilling/smoking wood chips
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt (table or kosher)
- 5 oz arugula
- Flaky salt
- 1/3 cup Marcona almonds
- 1/3 cup feta or goat cheese crumbles
- Place wood chips in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up the edges to create a rim and keep the wood chips from falling out. Place over low heat on one side of grill.
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Whisk oil and vinegar together, and brush onto both sides of tomatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Save remaining oil and vinegar.
- By now, the wood chips should be smoking. Turn the other side of the grill up to medium heat. Once hot, place tomatoes cut side down. Cook for 2 minutes with grill lid closed, flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Toss arugula with remaining oil and vinegar mixture. Season with flaky salt and pepper. Top with grilled tomatoes, Marcona almonds, and cheese crumbles.