Smoked Tomato Salad Recipe
Smoked Tomato Salad
Smoked tomatoes and buttery Marcona almonds make this simple salad anything but ordinary!
- 1 cup grilling/smoking wood chips
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- Salt (table or kosher)
- 5 oz arugula
- Flaky salt
- 1/3 cup Marcona almonds
- 1/3 cup feta or goat cheese crumbles
- Place wood chips in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold up the edges to create a rim and keep the wood chips from falling out. Place over low heat on one side of grill.
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Whisk oil and vinegar together, and brush onto both sides of tomatoes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Save remaining oil and vinegar.
- By now, the wood chips should be smoking. Turn the other side of the grill up to medium heat. Once hot, place tomatoes cut side down. Cook for 2 minutes with grill lid closed, flip, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Toss arugula with remaining oil and vinegar mixture. Season with flaky salt and pepper. Top with grilled tomatoes, Marcona almonds, and cheese crumbles.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 Servings)
Total Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 130 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.