Indian-Inspired Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
Indian-Inspired Grilled Chicken Thighs
Serve this flavorful charred chicken with grilled vegetables and warm pita.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- For Mint Chutney:
- 1 cup cilantro (with stems okay), plus more if desired
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat. Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes and up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring chicken to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill. Cook chicken over medium heat for 6-7 minutes per side. It’s okay to leave some of the yogurt marinade on the chicken, but don’t allow so much that it drips. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- To make mint chutney, process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency. Mix with additional chopped cilantro if you prefer a chunkier texture.
- Serve grilled chicken with mint chutney.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 290 mg
Sodium: 1450 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 4 g
Total Sugar: 4 g
Added Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 69 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.