B.L.T.A. Breakfast Salad Recipe
B.L.T.A. Breakfast Salad
- 3 slices bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups lacinato kale, ribs removed, leaves sliced crosswise into thin ribbons
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs
- Add bacon to a small skillet over medium heat. Cook until crisp, stirring a few times, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk in oil in a steady stream. Add the kale to the bowl and toss well to coat with the vinaigrette.
- Fill a medium saucepan about 2/3 full with water (enough to cover eggs). Bring to a boil over high heat. Gently lower eggs into the water, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes, 30 seconds. Transfer pan to the sink, pour off most of the hot water. Run cool water over eggs until cool enough to handle.
- Add the romaine to the kale and toss well. Divide greens between two bowls, top with avocado and tomatoes.
- Carefully peel eggs and discard shell. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and place on top of each salad. Season eggs, avocado and tomatoes with a pinch of salt and serve.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Fat: 45 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 185 mg
Sodium: 490 mg
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 17 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.