BBQ Oysters Recipe
Serves 6 as an appetizer
What could be easier than this tangy, two-ingredient appetizer? If you are unsure about what type of oysters to get, ask our fishmongers for a seasonal recommendation—they are happy to shuck them for you, too!
- 1 dozen fresh medium-to-large oysters
- 6 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
- Coarse salt or uncooked rice to level the oysters while baking
- Chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shuck oysters, leaving oysters in bottom shell and discarding tops.
- To keep oysters from tipping while baking, sprinkle a layer of coarse salt or rice on a rimmed baking sheet. Place oysters on salt or rice, if using, or directly on baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce on each oyster.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until oysters are cooked—the edges of the oysters will curl away from the shell.
- Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped chives, if desired. Serve warm.