Chicken Enchilada Bake Recipe
Chicken Enchilada Bake
Serves 4 to 6
This family-friendly dish uses mostly pantry items and is so simple when made with rotisserie chicken. Serve with your favorite salsa and sour cream.
- 1 1/2 cups Metropolitan Market rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (about 1 small onion) finely diced yellow onion
- 1 can (4 oz) diced roasted green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans (10 oz each) enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, beans, onion, chiles, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish with about one-third of the enchilada sauce. Top with a layer of tortillas, trimming tortillas to fit as necessary. Top with half of the chicken mixture and one-third of the cheese.
- Cover chicken and cheese with a single layer of tortillas, trimming as necessary, and top tortillas with one-third of the enchilada sauce. Top with remaining chicken mixture and one-third of the cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, pour remaining sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover dish loosely with foil and transfer to the oven, bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 80 mg
Sodium: 1530 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 31 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.