Chicken Enchilada Bake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Metropolitan Market rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (about 1 small onion) finely diced yellow onion
- 1 can (4 oz) diced roasted green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cans (10 oz each) enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, beans, onion, chiles, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish with about one-third of the enchilada sauce. Top with a layer of tortillas, trimming tortillas to fit as necessary. Top with half of the chicken mixture and one-third of the cheese.
- Cover chicken and cheese with a single layer of tortillas, trimming as necessary, and top tortillas with one-third of the enchilada sauce. Top with remaining chicken mixture and one-third of the cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, pour remaining sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover dish loosely with foil and transfer to the oven, bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.