Chicken Enchilada Bake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced roasted green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 10 (7 to 8-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, beans, onion, chiles, and salt.
- Cover bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish with about one-third of the enchilada sauce. Top with a layer of tortillas, trimming tortillas to fit as necessary. Top with half the chicken mixture and one-third of the cheese.
- Cover chicken and cheese with a single layer of tortillas, trimming as necessary. Pour another third of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Top with remaining chicken mixture and another third of the cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover dish loosely with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 80 mg
Sodium: 1530 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 31 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.