Chorizo-Stuffed Hatch Chile Peppers Recipe
Chorizo-Stuffed Hatch Chile Peppers
Serves 6, as a main course
Hatch chile peppers are an annual summer tradition at Metropolitan Market! Everyone looks forward to our supply of the best of these hugely popular chiles grown in the Hatch Valley region of New Mexico. During Hatch chile season, we roast them in-house in a traditional tumble roaster. There's a limited supply of the roasted peppers, but if you're lucky, you can score a batch of these beautifully charred chiles.
- 12 Hatch chiles, roasted and skinned (see Cook's Tip)
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 lb Metropolitan Market Mexican Chorizo, bulk
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Optional for serving:
- hot cooked white rice, corn tortillas, chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425° F (400° F convection). Dice potatoes into 1/4-inch pieces, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and place on a sheet pan. Roast for 15 minutes. Add onion, toss, and cook an additional 7 minutes.
- Finely crumb the chorizo and mix with potatoes and onions. Roast, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Make a slit in each pepper, remove seeds, and fill with chorizo and potato mixture. Drizzle with heavy cream and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts and starts to caramelize.
- Serve warm with rice or with corn tortillas. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Cook's Tip:
- To roast Hatch chiles, set oven to broil. Rub peppers with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Broil for 3 minutes or until charred; turn and continue broiling, checking frequently until all sides are charred. Remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle and peel.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Total Fat: 30 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 80 mg
Sodium: 1000 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 2 g
Total Sugar: 6 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 18 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.