Corn Tortillas Recipe
Makes 2 dozen
- 2 cups masa harina
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- In a bowl, combine masa harina and salt. With a fork, slowly stir in 1 cup of water; blend well, adding more water until you reach the consistency of playdough.
- Form dough into 24 balls, each about the size of a key lime. Place them on a sheet pan. Cover with a damp cloth to keep moist.
- Heat a dry griddle or skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Center a quart-size plastic bag on bottom of tortilla press (see Cook’s Tip). Place one dough ball in the bag. Close the press to flatten the dough into a 4-inch circle. Carefully peel the tortilla from the plastic bag and place in the hot griddle.
- Cook tortilla for 30 to 60 seconds on each side, until dry and cooked through. Place in a basket or tortillero lined with a napkin to keep the tortillas warm and pliable.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To make it easy to flatten the dough, line your tortilla press with a quart-size plastic bag. With scissors, cut both side seams of the bag (from top to bottom) so you can flip it open. Center the cut bag on the bottom of the tortilla press, place a dough ball in the bag, and close the press to flatten.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 24 servings)
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 40 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 0 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.