Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta Recipe
Creamy Goat Cheese Polenta
This tangy, creamy version of traditional polenta pairs great with Mediterranean casseroles and wine-infused stews. Try it with our Chicken Moruno Sheet Pan Dinner for a delicious meal. If you have a rice cooker, take a look at the Cook's Tip below for a hands-free method.
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup yellow polenta
- 4 oz Metropolitan Market Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Heat stock with a pinch of baking soda in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When mixture comes to a boil, add polenta, stirring constantly. Adjust heat and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and continue to cook for 20 minutes or until polenta is very soft.
- Remove from heat, and stir in goat cheese, parmesan, and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with more parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Cook’s Tip:
- To cook polenta in a rice cooker, combine polenta, stock, baking soda, and salt in the cooker. Cook as for white rice. When done, stir in cheeses and butter, keep warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 6 servings)
Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 470 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.