Fall Flatbreads with Apples or Pears, Gorgonzola, & Walnuts Recipe
Fall Flatbreads with Apples or Pears, Gorgonzola, & Walnuts
Here’s an easy appetizer or snack made with Metropolitan Market Bakery Flatbread. Serve with your favorite hard cider, Riesling, or beer.
- 3 to 4 (6-inch) Bakery Flatbreads (pita or naan of your choice)
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 to 2 apples or pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh arugula, thyme, or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet. Brush olive oil on breads. Mix gorgonzola and cream (beat with an electric mixer if you like). Spread mixture over flatbreads. Top with sliced apples. Sprinkle with walnuts, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until toppings are bubbling.
- Sprinkle with arugula. Cut into pieces. Serve warm.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 650 mg
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 14 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This was so delicious when i sampled it. i'm trying it out at thanksgiving. my cousin said it sounded wonderful.”