Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
Serves 6 to 8
This classic French fruit and custard dessert is simply delicious, we love it still warm from the oven. Any leftovers make a great breakfast.
- 1 lb (about 2 cups) cherries
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp sanding sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Pit cherries and arrange in a single layer in the buttered dish.
- In blender, combine milk, eggs, sugar, flour, salt, butter, and extract; blend for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Pour batter into the pan over the cherries; sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 40 minutes or until puffed, golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 20 minutes before serving; refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 250 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 20 g
Protein: 5 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.