Olive Oil Cake Recipe
Olive Oil Cake
The flavor of this simple-to-make cake is intriguing, and your guests will come back for more. We have provided the basic recipe, but recommend experimenting with different flavor combinations like lemon zest and pistachios, or orange zest and chopped rosemary. Perfect with coffee or a glass of liqueur after dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9 inch cake pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan, or 7 inch diameter Bundt pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and eggs in a separate bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and beat in the milk, followed by the olive oil. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes or until and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- To serve, unmold cake. Sift powdered sugar over top. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- COOK’S TIP:
- Lemon Pistachio Cake: Add the zest of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios.
- Orange Rosemary Cake: Add the zest of 1 orange and 1 tsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary.