Classic Sugar Cookies Recipe
Classic Sugar Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
This easy cookie recipe is perfect for an occasion. Let the kids have fun decorating with frosting or take them over the top by decorating with royal icing.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks (8oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in eggs and the vanilla, mixing until incorporated and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour mixture; mix on low speed just until the dough comes together. Divide dough in half, press into a flat disc and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured work surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes with your favorite cookie cutters. Using a spatula, carefully transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets, leaving 1 inch between each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are pale and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before decorating.
- Cook’s Note:
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 36 servings)
Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 30 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 1 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.