Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
With canned pumpkin and coconut milk you can make this fragrant, comforting soup on a busy weeknight. Make it a meal by adding sauteed tofu, shredded cooked chicken, cooked shrimp, crab or mussels.
- 1/4 cup Metropolitan Market Coconut Oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds or unsweetened toasted coconut
- In a Dutch oven or other large, heavy pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often until onions are soft. Stir in curry powder, broth, pumpkin and salt. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer gently, reducing heat as needed, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk. Return to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt and other seasonings to taste. If desired, blend with an immersion blender until smooth. (Or cool and whirl in a blender or food processor.)
- Serve hot with your choice of garnishes.
- Cook's Tips:
- Curry powder is a blend of spices so the flavor will vary and the heat ranges from mild to hot. Add more or less to suit your taste. Increase the heat with some crushed red pepper flakes or add additional seasonings that go well with curry such as cumin, coriander or nutmeg. Your favorite cooked squash can also be substituted for the pumpkin.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 22 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 400 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 3 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Nothing but rave reviews at my house. delish!”
“I used butternut squash instead of pumpkin - so good! ”
“Yum! easy, delicious and perfect for fall! ”
“The best fall meal!”