Grandma's Peach Pie Recipe
Grandma's Peach Pie
Serves 8, 1 (9-inch) pie
Grandma Dora knew that simple is best with juicy in-season peaches. She put halved peaches, cut-side down, in an unbaked pie shell, showered them with a buttery streusel and baked them into this irresistible pie. Just try it! With a store-bought crust, you can prepare this pie in about 15 minutes and pop it in the oven.
- 1 unbaked pie crust (for single 9-inch pie)
- 3 peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fit pie dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- To blanch peaches, drop into a large pot of boiling water. Simmer 30 to 60 seconds. With tongs, remove peaches to a colander. Cool. Slip off skins and discard.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Place peaches, cut side down, on pie dough in pan. (If peaches are very large, cut them into quarters.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Mix in butter. Sprinkle mixture over and around peaches.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and peaches are tender when tested with a pick.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, as desired.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 819 servings)
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 160 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 24 g
Protein: 2 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“This recipe is so versatile. i've used it with plum halves instead of peaches and it was great.”
“So easy and so quick! i’m not sure i’ll make the more labor intensive pie again. thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. who needs lattice?!”