Grandma's Peach Pie Recipe
Grandma's Peach Pie
Grandma Dora knew that simple is best with juicy in-season peaches. She put halved peaches, cut-side down, in an unbaked pie shell, showered them with a buttery streusel and baked them into this irresistible pie. Just try it! With a store-bought crust, you can prepare this pie in about 15 minutes and pop it in the oven.
- 1 unbaked pie crust (for single 9-inch pie)
- 3 peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- Whipped cream or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fit pie dough into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- To blanch peaches, drop into a large pot of boiling water. Simmer 30 to 60 seconds. With tongs, remove peaches to a colander. Cool. Slip off skins and discard.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Place peaches, cut side down, on pie dough in pan. (If peaches are very large, cut them into quarters.)
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Mix in butter. Sprinkle mixture over and around peaches.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and peaches are tender when tested with a pick.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, as desired.