Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
Season flank steak with a cumin-oregano blend and serve with a zesty chimichurri sauce, Argentina's famous steak topping. Use extra sauce as a sandwich spread or drizzle over roasted veggies.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Metropolitan Market Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Using sharp knife, lightly score the steak (about 1/8-inch deep) on both sides in a crisscross pattern at 1/2-inch intervals.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Season both sides of the steak with seasoning mixture.
- For the chimichurri sauce, in a blender or food processor container, combine all ingredients. Process until blended to a sauce consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Cover and chill if made ahead.
- Pre-heat the grill, or a skillet, on high heat. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare (145°F).
- Transfer steaks to cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steaks across grain. Transfer to platter and top with chimichurri sauce.