Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 4 to 6 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto
- 8 to 12 scallops, about 3/4 pound
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- You’ll need wooden toothpicks to secure the prosciutto.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half, lengthwise. Wrap one piece of prosciutto around the outside edge of each scallop and secure with a toothpick through the scallop (see photo).
- Heat olive oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add wrapped scallops (not touching each other in the pan) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove to a warm plate.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to pan and cook, swirling pan and watching carefully, until butter turns a nutty brown. Immediately remove pan from heat and swirl in lemon juice and half of the chives.
- Spoon this sauce over scallops and sprinkle with remaining chives. Delicious with pasta, potatoes, or rice and vegetables.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 2 servings)
Fat: 36 g
Saturated Fat: 18 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Sodium: 1840 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 36 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information, however, it is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your health care provider for specific advice on diet and health for you. Click here for more on the nutrient information of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“These scallops are fabulous and easy to make! ”