Rhubarb-Almond Tart Recipe
This spring dessert is as easy to make as cake, with the beautiful presentation of a tart. We love the combination of almond and orange with rhubarb; for another flavor profile, substitute 1 teaspoon ground cardamom for the extract and zest.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Zest of a small orange
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 pound rhubarb stalks, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp sanding or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and oil or spray an 11 x 8-inch or 10-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after adding each one. Add the yogurt, extract and zest and mix to combine.
- With the mixer off, add flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt and mix on low speed until combined. By hand, fold in the chopped rhubarb (save some fruit to decorate top, if desired).
- Transfer batter to the prepared tart pan, using a spatula to evenly spread the batter over the pan. Sprinkle the top with sugar. Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature. Carefully remove the tart pan ring; transfer to a platter and serve.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 8 servings)
Fat: 30 g
Saturated Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Sodium: 160 mg
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 23 g
Protein: 7 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“One of my favorite desserts!easy to make and the results are stunning. ”