Spicy Rosemary and Orange Roasted Nuts Recipe
Spicy Rosemary and Orange Roasted Nuts
Makes about 8 cups
Smoky chipotle powder, floral rosemary, and bright orange zest are a seductive seasoning combo for roasted nuts. Serve as an appetizer with beer and cocktails or sprinkle atop green salads. Package the nuts in decorative jars for gifts.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided use
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 pounds (8 cups) mixed raw nuts such as cashews, almonds, pecans, and walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Whisk in 2 tablespoons rosemary, chipotle powder, and salt. Add nuts and stir to coat evenly with seasonings.
- Spread nuts on lined, oiled baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes or until nuts are roasted and glazed, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle nuts with remaining 2 tablespoons rosemary and orange zest. Stir well. Taste and season with additional salt, if needed.
- Serve at room temperature or cool completely and store in an airtight container up to one week.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 32 servings)
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Absolutely the best nut recipe. we make this every year, about 20 pounds of nuts, and even have some left over for gifts...! i do like to ‘kick up’ the heat just a little bit for a few people, myself included.”
“I remembered how good these were when i made them for gifts last year so i made a batch to serve with cocktails yesterday. guests loved them and asked again and again for the recipe. helpful hint: i roasted a double batch very quickly in an air fryer. be attentive as they cook very quickly!”
“So good! i made them for a christmas party, and will be making them again for a new years party. i did use quite a bit more orange zest, because that’s a flavor i love. ”
“I had lunch at metropolitan market - proctor and picked up their market brochure to read while eating. i ran across the gift idea section. in reading the spicy rosemary nut rescipe, i decided to give it a try. too my surprise they turned out great. i gave them to friends as take home gifts for my dinner party. the interesting thing is “i don’t like to cook” and they was able to produce a tasteful gift!”
“This nut recipe is fabulous i've given i for gifts and my friends ask for for more ”