Spicy Rosemary and Orange Roasted Nuts Recipe
Spicy Rosemary and Orange Roasted Nuts
Makes about 8 cups, 32 (1/4-cup) servings
Smoky, spicy chipotle powder, fresh rosemary and orange zest are a seductive seasoning combo for roasted nuts. Serve as an appetizer with beer or cocktails or sprinkle on salads and more. Package the nuts in decorative jars for gifts.
- 3 Tbsp Metropolitan Market extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Metropolitan Market maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 2 lb (8 cups) mixed raw nuts (cashews, almonds, pecans, and walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Brush with 1 Tbsp oil.
- In the bottom of a large bowl whisk together maple syrup, sugar, and remaining 2 Tbsp oil. Whisk in 2 Tbsp rosemary, chipotle powder, and salt. Add nuts and stir to coat evenly with seasonings.
- Spread the nuts on the lined, oiled baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes or until nuts are roasted and glazed, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle nuts with remaining 2 Tbsp rosemary and orange zest. Stir well. Taste and season with additional salt, if needed.
- Serve at room temperature or cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 32 servings)
Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 6 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.
Ratings and Reviews
“Absolutely the best nut recipe. we make this every year, about 20 pounds of nuts, and even have some left over for gifts...! i do like to ‘kick up’ the heat just a little bit for a few people, myself included.”
“I remembered how good these were when i made them for gifts last year so i made a batch to serve with cocktails yesterday. guests loved them and asked again and again for the recipe. helpful hint: i roasted a double batch very quickly in an air fryer. be attentive as they cook very quickly!”
“So good! i made them for a christmas party, and will be making them again for a new years party. i did use quite a bit more orange zest, because that’s a flavor i love. ”
“I had lunch at metropolitan market - proctor and picked up their market brochure to read while eating. i ran across the gift idea section. in reading the spicy rosemary nut rescipe, i decided to give it a try. too my surprise they turned out great. i gave them to friends as take home gifts for my dinner party. the interesting thing is “i don’t like to cook” and they was able to produce a tasteful gift!”
“This nut recipe is fabulous i've given i for gifts and my friends ask for for more ”