Prosciutto Tartine Recipe
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 2 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp orange zest, more for topping
- 1/4 cup fig spread
- 12 slices Metropolitan Market Prosciutto
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for a few minutes, just to warm.
- Mix ricotta and 1 tsp orange zest.
- On each bread slice, layer fig spread and ricotta mixture, dividing evenly. Top each with 3 slices of prosciutto.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese bubbles slightly and bread is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional orange zest and arugula. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve one tartine per person as a light meal. Or, cut each tartine diagonally and serve as an hors d’oeuvres.