Shakshuka Tacos Recipe
Grab a jar of Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce and half of a rotisserie chicken from our deli and this meal comes together in minutes. Our pita bread is available in two sizes—the small ones are great for kid-size servings, mini-meals, or apps.
- 1 Tbsp Metropolitan Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 jar (24 oz) Metropolitan Market Shakshuka Sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (from half of a Metropolitan Market Rotisserie Chicken)
- To serve:
- Metropolitan Market Pita Bread, halved, or flour tortillas
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium- to medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft and transluscent. Stir in peppers and cook, stirring often, until softened—or cook less for crisp peppers. Stir in Shakshuka sauce and chicken; bring to a simmer, and cook for a minute or two, to heat chicken.
- Serve hot in pita bread halves or flour tortillas with feta cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition:Amount Per Serving (based on 4 servings)
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 760 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 11 g
Protein: 22 g
We provide nutritional information for our delicious recipes to help you select foods that meet your health and lifestyle goals. Care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of recipes and information. Nutritional data is intended for educational purposes, and not for the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, or cure of any medical condition. Please consult your healthcare provider for specific advice on diet and health. Click here to learn how we analyze the nutritional value of our recipes.