Northwest Dungeness Crab Cake Burger Recipe
Northwest Dungeness Crab Cake Burger
This crab burger is the Northwest's cousin to a lobster roll—featuring our own housemade Best of Met Dungeness Crab Cakes, made with real West Coast Dungeness and a light panko breadcrumb crust to give them a crispy texture on the outside. Accompanied by aioli, bright pickles, creamy avocado, and crunchy radishes, this burger will awaken all your senses. Serve with fries and additional aioli for dipping.
- 4 crab cakes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 brioche buns
- 1/2 cup aioli
- 1 avocado, divided into 12 slices
- 1 watermelon radish or 3 regular radishes, sliced
- Pickled fennel - follow instructions for Quick Pickled Vegetables
- Your favorite greens or microgreens
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- On the stovetop, melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the crab cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Open buns and place on a sheet pan, inside up. Turn the oven on on broil and toast the buns for a couple of minutes. Check frequently to keep them from burning.
- Once slightly toasted, take them out, slather the bottom with a tablespoon of aioli each. Place a crab cake on each bun and top with the additional aioli, radish, avocado, pickled fennel, and greens. Serve immediately.