Apple Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 6 medium-large medium-large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, crème fraîche
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry topping ingredients.
- Add melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir with a fork. Set aside.
- Mix apples with, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and zest, and spread in a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over sliced apples. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or crème fraîche.
Ratings and Reviews
“Whoa ... way too much butter! was delicious but swimming in juice. maybe cut back and instead of melting cut in as cold butter.just a suggestion. ”
“Really yummy, and easy to double or triple to feed a crowd. try using honeycrisp apples for something truly amazing. ”